Warehouse Supervisor (Group Manager)
Who we’re looking for.
Responsible for supervising warehouse associates, team leads, and daily warehouse operations. This role requires constant communications with the customer daily. People management responsibilities include hiring and training, planning and assigning daily work, conducting performance appraisals, addressing performance issues and resolving problems. Under the direction of the Site Operations Manager, the Supervisor is responsible for supervising the receiving, warehousing and shipping of product in a manner consistent with customer contract requirements and standard operation procedures. Associates are expected to meet company objectives in the areas of safety, performance, quality, and employee morale. Associates are expected to comply with all corporate and site-specific policies.
- The Supervisor (Group Manager) studies production schedules and estimates work hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Interprets company policies to team members and enforces safety regulations.
- Recommends and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product participating in Continuous Improvement activities.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of plant, department or line.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving problems.
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with team members and customers; while leveraging those relationships internally and externally.
- Tailors and presents information to diverse audience using a variety of communication skills or methods; and support communication to groups, large or small.
- Clarifies projects, tasks or company objectives for the team to help accomplish the goals set by leadership.
- Warehouse Management System experience; SAP a plus
- Working experience as a supervisor in a high-volume warehouse logistics, freight forwarding, aerospace and/or automotive setting.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Intermediate math skills needed for payroll processing, inventory and labor management/planning.
- Knowledge of inventory and supply chain management.
- Ability to take ownership of this role and build to become an effective part of the operations.
- Flexibility to take on new tasks or new direction within the role as the business dictates.
- Dependable and reliable.
Education & Experience
- S. Diploma, GED or equivalent is required; Bachelor’s degree in Management or related field preferred; or equivalent from a 2 – 4 yr. college or technical school;
- Previous management experience in a warehouse position desired.
This role requires physical stamina and the ability to work long hours with constant walking and standing and the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
We're always looking for new people to join our team of game-changers and problem-solvers. If this looks like the position for you, feel free to drop us your resume and cover letter to start the conversation.